The Nairobi City Forest Run is multi-distant event being organised by Run Beyond and Team Jasho as a trial for a proposed Friends of Karura Forest (FKF) 10th Anniversary event.The objectives of the event are to:
- Demonstrate satisfactory planning capability to FKF
- Test the bulk of FKF Anniversary routes
- Ensure that appropriate course management in place for the forest environment
- Date: Sunday 18th August
- Distances: 5km, 10km, 20km
- Start Times: 8:00am (20km); 8:10 (10km); 8:20 (5km)
- Start: Lake Trail (around no. 5)
- Finish: Amani Gardens
- Entry Fee: Ksh 2,000 including medal
- Participant Cap: 200 places
Registration will be strictly in advance, closing on the 17th August; although number collection will be permitted on the morning of the event.
Registration can be done:
- In-Store: race packs to be available in-store at Run Beyond from 1st August
- By email: at email@example.com
Race packs will be issued in advance including:
- Race number and safety pins
- A participant information sheet
- A bag tag for the dropping bags
The race is being marketed as excluding forest entry. All participants will need to pay the applicable forest entry and parking fees on entry to the forest.
Route markings will be placed at key junctions and distance marks using a combination of:
- White chalk / road marking powder
- Coloured flags
Course marshals will be places at strategic locations, including marker numbers 4, 11, 9 and at the bottom of the Pipeline Path where the routes deviate.
Water points will be placed every 5km along the 20km route; also capturing the 5km point of the 10km route.
To avoid the use of one-way plastic bottles, bio-degradable cups filled, from 18l bottles will be used.
Runners will be advised not to carry the cups and bins will be placed for their collection shortly after each water point.
Together with the course marshals this means a minimum of seven points of assistance around the course.
There will be a dedicated phone line for marshals to report any distressed runners. At least two first-aiders from ARR or St. John’s Ambulance will be present. An ambulance will also be on standby at site.
The event will be staged from Amani Gardens. Due to the size of the event, infrastructure will be limited to:
- A registration tent / bag drop
- Inflatable finish tower with roped off finishing lanes
A drinks / BBQ station will be available (subject to FKF approval).
Please Follow the link below to see your results:
Please Follow the link below to see your photos: